Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Water wheel Art Fashion in Brunei



Forecourt Fountain in Gadong Brunei

Spent a few days in Brunei just now.  Invensys has longstanding customers and installations there.
 
The hotel forecourt in Gadong had an interesting water feature. Curious I went out into the early morning sunshine and was attracted to it's design combination of Arabic and Asian ideas.
 
Soon, there came a young lady dressed in a kind of brightly colored neon Arabic dress who was carefully cleaning around the outside of the fountain. Curious to see the dynamics of the fountain, I leaned over the edge to try to rotate the chrome plated water wheels on the sides of the dry glass columns.
 
"Does this fountain have water in it sometimes ?" I asked, kind of worried that I was probably not supposed to be messing around with the little water wheels, and maybe it was guests like me that broke it in the first place.
 
"I don't know.. but how are you Sir?", she said, smiling and happy conversing with a strange guy in a suit and tie, balanced on the parapet of the obviously dry water feature.
 
"Clearly a maintenance issue" I thought. "At least the wheels still turn !" I said.
 
"Yes, It was nice talking to you !" she said.  "Hope to see you again !"
 
Next time I must wear some brightly colored neon shirt and jump in !
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts